Monday, January 29, 2007

A review for you, or is it for me? Well, anyway . . .




Recently, one of my favorite bloggers and role models wrote a great book review. It got me thinking, maybe I should do a review. Then I went to the grocery store, and one thing led to another, and here we are.

I will review CHOCOLATE, Emily's Chocolate Covered Fortune Cookies. This is an entirely self-serving review I have burdened myself with simply because writing a review is as good an excuse as any to try new chocolate. (This is not an ad, nor will I receive any sort of compensation, other than rewarding myself with copious amounts of chocolate.)

The shiny, red Chinese take-out box caught my eye from the Valentine's Day display at the grocery store. (Shiny and red. Oh boy.)

So how are they? The sweet chocolate coating is complimented nicely by the crunchy and delicately sweet fortune cookie beneath. It is a nice change of pace from the average boring boxed chocolate you see every year.

The love message fortunes inside the cookies are a nice touch too, although not exquisitely inspiring.



The one criticism I have is that the chocolate is not the highest quality. It's clearly built to have a long shelf-life. Still, I must admit I was amused by the warning on the bottom of the box: Temperature Sensitive Chocolate. (Ah yes, as opposed to the non-temperature-sensitive chocolate that wouldn't melt if you held it directly over an open flame.)

All in all, the packaging and originality make for a cute gift for a special someone, even more so if combined with Chinese take-out and a good bottle of wine.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thanks for the love! And these sound yummy. Maybe after I lose another five pounds ...