Thursday, November 23, 2006

Easy Cranberry Sauce Recipe


We eat cranberries once or twice a year and every time I think, "We should do this more often." I was a little intimidated by them as a cook until last year when I made my first cranberry sauce. This morning I whipped up a new recipe. It's actually very simple. So I am sharing it for anyone who, like me, has ever been intimidated by cranberries.

Easy Cranberry Sauce Recipe

Ingredients:

-1 cup fresh cranberries, washed and drained
-1 medium green apple, cored and chopped into half-inch pieces
-1/3 medium orange chopped into half-inch pieces, leave rind on
-1 cup carbonated limeade beverage (12 ounces of 7Up or Sprite may be substituted)
-ground cinnamon to taste
-ground nutmeg to taste




Directions:

Place all ingredients in sauce pan over medium heat. Cook with lid on until sauce begins to simmer. Remove lid and simmer, stirring occasionally, until cranberries pop open. Remove from heat. Serve hot over toasted English muffins or your favorite breakfast pastry, or serve cold along with turkey or ham.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That looks delicious! We went with a cranberry dipping sauce for Thanksgiving -- odd, but quite good. We should eat cranberries more often.