Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Potty Train -- Hip Hip Who Pottied?


The potty dance is the dance. At least it's the dance at our house. It's the celebratory dance, it's the cheering baby on dance, it's the please remain seated on the potty dance.

Here at Chateau ZoKai, there is no end to the foolery in which I will engage to make the potty training transition easier. I even purchased a potty that sings. Yes, a potty that sings! It sings not just one, but many songs, about potty time, toilet paper, and all sorts of things potty related.

This fabulous potty rewards baby with a congratulatory "You did it!" each time she abruptly sticks her tiny little hand in the potty. Not quite what I expected. In fact I can see this feature combined with its inopportune "now it's time to flush" reminders leading to bigger problems down the road, especially with twins.

Alas, the ill-fated musical potty shall spend most of its days with its power switch in the off position.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Thanks for the warning! I'm just gearing up to buy a potty for our household, and now I know what to avoid. It does sound hilarious, though. I think you should post some video!