Friday, November 17, 2006

Thanks to President Bush -- Part of the Thanks Giving Series

Lest you be confused, let me pause for a moment and clarify, I am not a Republican. (Repeat after me. I am not a Republican.) But as I reflect upon the past several years, there are some things that, really, I just have to stop and say thanks for. Way to go G. Dub.

I must stop and say thanks to him for single-handedly leading Republican politicians in the repeated, intentional mispronunciation of the word "nuclear" as nu-cu-lar, creating a class of apparently phonetically-challenged political lemmings.

I am also thankful for his many verbal foibles having forever left us with the term "Bushisms," and supplied comedians and humorists an ample supply of political material. (Here is just one example of a Bushism from "The Complete Bushisms" on Slate.com -- "You took an oath to defend our flag and our freedom, and you kept that oath underseas and under fire."—Addressing war veterans, Washington, D.C., Jan. 10, 2006)

And God bless G. Dub, with Karl Rove at the helm, they restored America's faith that dirty tricks are alive and well in our nation's capital. The orchestrated release of information revealing the identity of CIA Officer Valerie Plame let us all know, "If you oppose us, there will be a price to pay." Hey guys, thanks for the heads up.

So, as we approach Thanksgiving this year, I must say I am thankful to President Bush for making it abundantly clear to me that I am not, nor shall I ever be, a Republican.

No comments: