Okay, so the meme rules don't actually ask for songs you are singing, but if I'm into it, I'm singing it. Hence the post title.
The Meme Rules actually are:
List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what they are. They must be songs you are presently enjoying. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.
These are the tunes that thump my ride:
1. Gwen Stefani's "4 In The Morning" from The Sweet Escape, a more grown-up, sophisticated sound from Gwen in a song about the trade-offs we sometimes make for love. View the video by clicking here to go to the Gwen Stefani site.
2. Gwen Stefani's "Yummy" from The Sweet Escape, perfect for driving the mom-mobile and singing like you are the hottest thing ever, totally.
3. "Now That You Got It" from Gwen Stefani's The Sweet Escape. Something like the SoCal equivalent of saying, "Cowboy up."
4. "London Bridge" from The Dutchess by Fergie. What can I say? This one speaks for itself.
5. Joss Stone's "Headturner" from Introducing Joss Stone. Nothing beats live music, but few artists get as close to the vibe of live as Stone does in this CD. If you don't have the urge to groove along, check for a pulse.
6. "Girl They Won't Believe It" from Introducing Joss Stone. Although new to my collection, this CD is destined to be a long-time favorite. It's got staying power.
7. India Arie's "Video" from Acoustic Soul. This is one I will play for my daughters as they grow up. If you haven't heard it, you can check out the lyrics by clicking here.
*Special note -- I love indie, new artists, and live music, but haven't been able to enjoy nearly as much since taking on full-time mommy duties. In that realm, I have to mention some favorite artists or risk becoming a total sell-out.
Garrison Starr -- the perfect mix of LA and the deep south, if you can imagine that. Great in concert.
Guster -- mellow, but good. Good in concert, if you can avoid the contact high.
Johnny Lang -- Best of Class in Blues. No longer indie or new, but still super good. Rocks the house in concert.
For more meme, I tag DoubleDutyDiary, Mom-101, Dragonfly, Chicken and Cheese, Blog Con Queso, Laurie's Reflections, and Oh the Joys, assuming they have not already completed this meme and I just totally missed it, having been such a bad bloggie citizen. Cheers Ladies, I would love to know what you're listening to.