Thursday, December 07, 2006

Thanks to Aunt Jean -- Part of the Thanks Giving Series



Just when I thought I couldn't possibly write today, a little gift showed up in my email, the picture above, with a precious note from my Aunt Jean. That's how Aunt Jean is, always dropping a line or an encouraging word at just the right time. I'm beginning to think she can read my mind across the miles.

I can never feel sour when I encounter her sunny disposition.

So, thanks Aunt Jean for:

1. Being my best role model.

2. Living a life to always be proud of, leading by actions rather than words.

3. Showing me, with style, what a loving, devoted marriage looks like.

4. Telling me stories about our family I've never heard from anyone else.

5. Accentuating the positive, eliminating the negative and not messing with Mr. In-Between.

6. Showing me how beautiful 75 can be.

7. Ignoring my faults and finding my strengths.

8. Telling me about our similarities. It always makes my day.

9. Marrying a great guy like Uncle Bob and sharing your family with all of us.

10. Showing me a softer side of Papa as your big brother.

And the bonus, the $20 accidental gift from the Tooth Fairy (You and Uncle Bob) which I shall never forget.

1 comment:

Amy said...

You are blessed to have such a wonderful aunt. This is what I aspire to when I spend time with my neice and nephew.