Sunday, February 04, 2007

Football Bride, Not a Football Widow

Hubby and I met seven years ago seated around a television watching New Year's Day football games. His very smart sister invited me (recently un-engaged), four single guys, and her boyfriend to her place for a football bash with the intent of setting me up with someone. Apparently, I was very hot or they were very desperate, probably more of the latter, because I walked away with several options for dates and very, very flattered. It gave me the confidence to choose the hottest, smartest and most successful guy there, even though he was six years my junior. Two years later we were married. (And yes, we even tried to watch football on our honeymoon. Unfortunately television schedules in Dublin didn't cooperate.)

For ever after we will be football fans, and every time we watch a game it brings back memories of the way we met. Therefore, we must, nay are required to by the laws of heaven and nature, watch the Super Bowl.

Arguably the best part of the game is the Super Ads which you can enjoy on your own or with your football viewing partner by clicking here to view today's Super Bowl Ads.

1 comment:

Marine Wife said...

Great story on how you met! Very cute.